Voting Rights: For the People Act
Monday, May 17, 2021 #MO-2 Updates on Democracy
For the People Act #S1 Townhall
Wednesday May 19th on Twitter
Join Members of Congress, activists and organizations on Twitter Wednesday, May 19 at 12pm CT for a Twitter Town Hall on Ethics, Accountability and the #ForThePeopleAct. See the amazing lineup of guests below. As always, join by following #S1TownHall hashtag! Participants to include:
- Senator Elizabeth Warren (D-MA) @SenWarren
- Senator Richard Blumenthal (D-CT) @SenBlumenthal
- Project on Government Oversight @POGOwatchdog
- Government Accountability Project @GovAcctProj
- Norm Eisen, Senior Fellow at the Brookings Institute @NormEisen
- Walter Shaub, Senior Ethics Fellow at POGO @waltshaub
- Noah Bookbinder, President of CREW @NoahBookbinder
- Public Citizen @Public_Citizen
- Jana Morgan @JanaLMorgan
- Declaration for American Democracy @DFADcoalition
Our Democracy Story — Launch May 23
Mark Your Calendars!
Join this storytelling workshop that will inspire and train activists to use their personal stories as a powerful tool to educate and engage their community around the For the People Act. Join this virtual storytelling training on how we can tell our stories to grow support and build the pro-democracy movement.
Our Democracy Story Launch
Sunday, May 23rd
6:30 PM CT
Call Your Senators & Representatives Today!
Missouri is significantly behind on the curve on voting rights! Protect your right to vote! Call Senators Roy Blunt & Josh Hawley by dialing +1.888.246.5967. After dialing you will receive prompts to call both Senators — tell them to vote yes on #S1 — ForThePeopleAct.